What are the requirements to recommend a patient obtain a medical marijuana license?
- A physician must hold a valid, unrestricted and existing license to practice in the State of Oklahoma.
- The physician must establish a medical record for the patient
- The physician must recommend a medical marijuana license according to the accepted standards a reasonable and prudent physician would follow for recommending or approving any medication.
- If applicable, the physician may certify that the patient is homebound or does not have the capability to self-administer or purchase medical marijuana due to a developmental disability or a physical or cognitive impairment; and the physician believes the patient would benefit from having a caregiver with a caregiver’s license designated to manage the patient’s medical marijuana on the patient’s behalf.
- The physician must verify the patient’s identity as provided in the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority Rules (310:681-1-7).